At Guâ’s guest house, you’re at home !
Hosting, sharing, conviviality: here are the reasons I opened a guest house in Figeac, on the Compostela Pilgrims Trail !
My son joined me and will welcome you with me. He is a globe trotter who did the Puy Fistera in 2018 and the Rome route in 2021.
We’re located in Figeac’s town centre, 200 metres from the Santiago de Compostela Trail on hiking trails GR65, GR6 and GR651 (GR = Grande Randonnée), as well as 500 metres from Figeac’s railway station. You are welcomed all year round individually or in parties up to 15 people in a large and very quiet XIXth century town villa which has been entirely renovated.
Call us on +33 (0)674 732 269
or send us an e-mail to book !
The street side facade hides its charm. It’s only once you’ve passed the gate that the magic of the terrace and garden hidden in the heart of the town centre happens. I’ll be waiting you with a complimentary welcome drink!
Mindfull of hosting and the Trail’s spirit, I chose to be a member of the “Haltes vers Compostelle” (Compostela Trail Stopovers) association, as it stands for those values.
We are happy to be, for this year 2023, labeled “Compagnons de route” of the French Federation of Pedestrian Hiking
For us, nature, the environment, is vital, essential even!
We question our daily actions in this sense: is it OK for the environment, can we change our practices?
In this context:
- Each new paint job is done with organic paint, without any risk of emanation
- The light bulbs are LED,
- You will find selective sorting bins of course,
- We make our own compost for the garden,
- We produce our own vegetables,
- The fruit and vegetables not produced in-house are supplied by our partner “Au Sens bio”, just opposite the house. This partner favours very short circuits,
- For the meals, I cook seasonal, local, if possible from the garden!