At the Gîte du Guâ, you’re right at home!
Welcoming, sharing, conviviality, kindness – that’s why I opened the Gîte d’étape du Guâ in Figeac, on the Chemin de Compostelle!
Théophile, my son, has joined me and will welcome you with me. He’s a globe trotter who did the Chemin du Puy en Velay à Saint-Jacques in 2018 and the Way to Rome in 2021.
In the town center, 200m from the Route de Saint-Jacques de Compostelle on the GR65, GR6 and GR651 and 500m from Figeac station. I welcome you all year round, individually or in groups of up to 15 people, in a large, fully renovated 19th century bourgeois house.
The street facade gives no away. Once through the gate, the magic of the terrace and garden in the heart of the city begins.
We look forward to seeing you there with a welcome drink!
For us, nature and the environment are vital!
We question our daily actions in this sense: is it OK for the environment, can we change our practices?
In this context :
- Every new paint job is carried out using organic paint, with no risk of fumes,
- The bulbs are LED,
- You’ll find garbage cans for selective sorting, of course,
- We make our own compost for the garden,
- We grow our own vegetables,
- Fruits and vegetables not produced in-house are supplied by our partner “Au Sens bio”, just opposite the house. This partner favors very short circuits,
- For meals, I use seasonal, local produce, from the garden if possible!
Call 06 74 73 22 69
For your comfort, we advise you to bring a sleeping bag (not a meat bag, except in July and August).
As part of bedbug prevention measures, luggage transported by private car or service company, as well as backpacks, are kept in a special room, not in the bedrooms. Suitable boxes are available to carry all your belongings to your room.
For “off the back” luggage, please take care to have only one piece of luggage per person, with a maximum size of a cabin-size suitcase and a maximum weight of 10kg.